What is Spiritual Wellness?
Spiritual wellness may sound something that is not meant for our modern lifestyle. It’s one of those essential tools through which we can get the strength to survive this modern lifestyle.
Various factors define spiritual wellness, which includes values, religious faith, morals, and ethics.
Irrespective of your religious inclinations or no religious beliefs at all, you can still attain spiritual wellness for your healthy mental and physical well being.
Why is Spiritual Wellness Important?
Spiritual wellness allows you to seek purpose and meaning in human existence. It also helps you appreciate your life experiences and yourself as a human.
When you find meaning in your life experiences, you will have a harmonious relationship between your inner self and the outside world. In a nutshell, you will gin balance in your life through spiritual wellness.
The Route to Spiritual Wellness
To have spiritual wellness, you must learn to emphasize your inner thoughts and build your internal resources.
Your experience will be more meaningful if you try things on your own and figure out what works for you rather than blindly following someone else. Religion can be a way to boost your spiritual wellness, but it’s not mandatory.
Here are some recommendations you can try to experience mental wellness.
- Explore your spiritual core by asking questions like- What do I value most? Who am I? What is my purpose? These questions can lead to self- revelation. You would find things about yourself that perhaps you hid from yourself. There will be some excellent and ugly which bring us to the next point.
- Practice acceptance. Accept your flaws and acknowledge them. Don’t defend your wrongdoings when you find them out. Make amends and move on. No matter how horrible or embarrassing you might think something is about you, it can be amended once you accept them. It is not only subjected to yourself but for others as well. You cannot change everything, but you can certainly not live in denial.
- Be aware of things that are happening around you. Notice if there is a pattern as every action has an equal and opposite reaction notice what’s triggering thoughts that distress you. And only then can you have complete control over yourself and a specific situation. Being mindful and aware of your actions will help you respond to your environment better and have a healthier life.
- You can feel confused about your feelings once in a while. Sometimes we try to contain it all in and think it will pass just like a mood swing. But it won’t. It never has, and it never will. Instead, it will build up in your head to an extent until it becomes unbearable. You might even start projecting yourself at the wrong place and at the wrong time.
- Hence, it’s important to express what is in your mind, have a better perspective, and focus on things. Try writing down your thoughts or reflect on your day for some time if you don’t have anyone to talk to. Self-inspection can be gratifying when done with positive intentions.
- Yoga has been around for thousands of years because our ancestors understood the benefits of spiritual well being. It is a physical technique that is being taught in various forms all over the world. It reduces physical and emotional strains on your body and mind and helps improve your spiritual wellness. At different levels, yoga can help reduce insomnia, fatigue, depression, anxiety, lower blood pressure, and stress as well as boost immunity.
- Travel to a new place for a change. If that’s not possible, go on a trip to a place you are comfortable at. Getting distractions for your mind can do wonders to have a better connection with yourself. You can try out exercising, taking a temporary vow of silence, speaking with an advisor or a counselor on this trip, and let yourself weed out from all those stressors.
- Re-frames your mind and eliminates negativity so that you can have a better grasp of certain situations. When you view your life positively, you will focus on having a more fulfilling, healthy, and happy life. You will feel more relaxed in your life without making any changes once you try to think positively.
- We all have a hectic schedule, and each of us has a lifestyle to maintain. While juggling various roles in our lives can be difficult, it is crucial to devote some time to connect with yourself. Meditation helps you foster a stronger relationship with your spiritual wellness. Devote a few minutes a day, whenever possible, to mediate. It will help you be more relaxed and go about your day with calm composure.
Be curious about your experiences. Even if you think you need religious inspiration, find something that resonates with your values?
Nobody is expecting to have a spiritual awakening and starting your cult someday. Spiritual wellness is all about being at peace with yourself through your own efforts.
You may also like to read Intellectual wellness